Below are links to some wrestling-related blog entries & articles that I found interesting during the month of April 2009.
- Parallel Dimension: The Road Warriors: The Life & Death of the Most Dominant Tag Team of All Time. Review of a DVD set of the Road Warriors. Mentioned how Eddie Sharkey (he was also my trainer) trained them in the basement of a church.
- Ed Mayes: Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair. One of their classics from the late ’80s.
- Defy This!: A to Z Wrestling. A scan of a few pages of what I thought was an overseas edition of WWE magazine. Turns out it was an article for a music magazine (see comments below) covering wrestling from A to Z. Definitely not complete by any means, but a fun read.
- Lulu.com: A Fool for Old School. A collection of 20 columns, originally published at The Fight Network and Live Audio Wrestling websites. For sale at Lulu.com
- The Post and Courier: Mania a Show of Hits and (More) Misses. Review of Wrestlemania 25 by Mike Mooneyham.
- Sean’s Place: Wrestlemania Memories. Sean shares his top moments of previous Wrestlemanias.
- Rantables: Raw and Draft Thoughts. More thoughts on the recent WWE draft.
- Wayne McCarty: 8 Stupid Questions for Brody Hoofer. Wayne interviews Brody Hoofer, a fellow Sharkey trainee.
- Rantables: Top 5 Worst Finishing Moves. I would add the Samoan Spike to this list, but he has it on his list of Top 8 Best Finishers.
- Wrestling DVD Reviews: Andy Kaufman Breakfast with Blassie/I’m From Hollywood. I saw these a few years ago and liked them. Sounds like there is some extra footage in the Commemorative Edition.
- JimCornette.com: Jim Cornette Commentary- “The Write Stuff”. This was the basis of my recent post, The State of Wrestling Today.
- Dwarf and the Basilisk: RIP Buddy Rose. Former AWA, WWF wrestler “Playboy” Buddy Rose passed away at the end of April.
- WrestleZone: Promoters Claim Scam by Dale Gagner. This piece of work was promoting when I was actively wrestling. Never worked for him, but heard of some of his dealings, especially his unlicensed use of the AWA name.
As I run across things, I’m also going to be adding them to my Delicious bookmarks page (http://delicious.com/drdarindavis). You can also find the last 10 of them on the right side of the page towards the bottom.