Below are links to some wrestling-related blog entries & articles that I found interesting during the month of December 2009.
- Heelzone: Doctor’s Orders: Go For It TNA — Doctor Chad Matthews looks at the state of TNA wrestling and decides they should “Go for it!” against the WWE.
- Ring of Honor: Jim Cornette’s Contract with Wrestling Fans — This is posted at the Ring of Honor web site, but originally came from Cornette’s site (you’ll need to look in the archives for older postings). I wrote a related article about this in a recent posting (Do You Want Your Wrestling Back?)
- My Take Radio: My Take On: Future Rise of Current WWE Stars — The host’s opinion on which current WWE stars will likely be future Super Stars.
- Yellow Fatty Bean: When the WWE Jumped the Shark (1999) — YFB thinks the WWE jumped the shark back in 1999.
- Missouri Wrestling Revival: Baron Von Raschke Gets Inducted into the St. Louis Hall of Fame — “And that’s all the people need to know…”
- ProWrestling.Net: Bret Hart Reportedly Signs Contract with WWE — It was a rumor when I bookmarked it, but by the time of this posting it is confirmed that Bret Hart will be the WWE Monday Night Raw guest host for Jan 4th 2010.
- The Buzz! By Mike Schaffer: Hulk Hogan – Whatcha Gonna Do? — Will Hogan be able to drive TNA to be “the biggest wrestling company in the world?”. I had my own opinion at the time of the announcement (It’s WCW All Over Again).
- Idea Girl Consulting: Bobby “The Brain” Heenan Day in Milwaukee — Video of the mayoral proclamation and Heenan’s acceptance
- Exploder Bomb!: Reigniting the Monday Night Wars — Thoughts on TNA competing with WWE on Jan 4th.
- ProWrestlingWorld: As 2009 Draws to a Close — A look back at 2009 in wrestling
- Rantables: The HIV of Wrestling — A controversial title for sure. “..if Hulk Hogan is the cancer of wrestling, Hornswoggle is the HIV…”. I agree with the statement if not the analogy. It’s good that a little person can get work in this economy, but I think trying to shoehorn him into storylines hurts the product.
- Cartoons and Comic Books: How to Fix the WWE — A lot of great points here about what is wrong with the product. I couldn’t think of anything to add myself, other than having more or longer matches (more wrestling per hour).
- WrestleZone: Big Update on Daivari/TNA — I already commented on this in a separate post (Sheik Bashir Gone from TNA)
The Baron is a true classic for many reasons including his longevity.
Good luck to Daivari .